Turface Athletics™, MLB, Baseball Canada Hosting Baseball Maintenance Clinic Series in May
BUFFALO GROVE, Ill. (May 5, 2014) — Turface Athletics™, in partnership with Baseball Canada and Major League Baseball, will conduct the first Field and Ballpark Maintenance Clinic Series in Canada.
Murray Cook, the field and ballpark consultant for Major League Baseball, will lead three clinics in three different ballparks throughout Canada, along with other industry experts. The clinics are designed to arm attendees with information to help enhance the overall quality of their own facilities.
“Those who attend these clinics will receive hands-on training from some of the best and brightest field and ballpark maintenance experts in the entire industry,” said Jeff Langner, Turface Athletics brand manager. “The lessons learned from these clinics can last a lifetime for a lot of field managers at any level.”
Clinic dates and locations are:
- May 12: Nat Bailey Stadium in Vancouver, BC
- May 14: Centennial Park in Edmonton, AB
- May 16: Whittier Park in Winnipeg, MB
Topics that will be covered include: Efficiencies in maintenance and renovations; mound, home plate and infield maintenance; turfgrass cultural practices; ballpark safety and equipment; lighting options and maintenance; fence and railing padding; batting cages, screens and protective nets; and equipment winterization.
Cost is $100 per person to attend. For more information and to reserve a spot, contact:
- Vancouver clinic: Baseball BC — 604-586-3310 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edmonton clinic: Baseball Alberta — 780-427-8943 or email@example.com
- Winnipeg clinic: Baseball Manitoba — 204-925-5763 or firstname.lastname@example.org